The GoTrain LMS has 4 main user levels.
Administrators and assessors have multiple user levels, allowing access to only certain features and functions.
A top administrator has access to ALL features and functions of the LMS, from configuration to the simplicities of enrolling a student. Such features are:
- List & Monitor Students
- Authoring – Add new course
- Add Companies & Assessors
- Add New Student
- Configure course
- Add / Enrol Students
- Group Register
- Assign Assessor & Allocate Assessor Teams
- Run all Reports
- Internal Messaging
Developers have full access to the LMS authoring area but do not have any access to users, students or reports.
An Assessors role is purely to assess the student’s assignments which are submitted/uploaded and that are not scored by the LMS, as well as ensure the students documentation is in order before allowing the LMS to issue a graduating certificate. An assessor is allocated to a course by an Administrator only and has access to:
- all students assigned to them
- check student progress and results in real-time
- mark exams, reset assessments, resend passwords and change user details, and
- can internally message students and access limited student reorts ans satisfaction survey summaries.
Have access to all student related areas of the LMS:
- Editing of ‘My Profile’: Contact Details; Change Username & Password; Security ID questions; Uploading photo & electronic files including medical certificates
- Online study & completion of enrolled course through self-navigation of the Courseware
- Assignment and Assessment completion
- Submission of Written Exam questions and Video-Recorded Demonstrations to allocated Assessor for grading- via Upload portal
- Formal acknowledgement of Assessor feedback on assessment results with hold-point feature restricting access to certificate until completed
- Participation in internal online Feedback and/or NCVER Online Survey System
- Printing of all Certificates online from security embedded PDF file.
- Access to records / certificates for up to 7 years
Students only have access to the study material they are enrolled in and at no time can gain access to other units and or courses unless the unit or course has been setup for free enrolments by the administrator.